Newbury Park crossbow death: ‘Ex-husband’ Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo remanded in custody
- Credit: Br+yMe7hBYwHRs7TLtew5FTyiT3O1AqprcSVoXSBblgcHmy2V+ibKj5kY22WyBJeVWUN7lfuIsiYkymQYD372Q==
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a pregnant mother was fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home has been remanded in custody.
Sana Muhammad, 35, died in hospital after she was hit in the stomach with a crossbow bolt at her home in Applegarth Drive on Monday, November 12.
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a disturbance at her home at around 7.40am that day.
Eight months pregnant, doctors carried out an emergency caesarean to save the life of Sana’s unborn child who remains in a stable condition.
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 50, and believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, appeared in court at the Old Bailey this morning (November 15) charged with murder.
He was remanded in custody and is next due to appear on February 6, 2019.
A two-week trial is anticipated to begin on April 8.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
A GoFundMe page has been set-up to raise £30,000 to support the family.