Newbury Park crossbow death: ‘Ex-husband’ Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo remanded in custody
- Credit: Br+yMe7hBYwHRs7TLtew5FTyiT3O1AqprcSVoXSBblgcHmy2V+ibKj5kY22WyBJeVWUN7lfuIsiYkymQYD372Q==
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a pregnant mother was fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home has been remanded in custody.
Sana Muhammad, 35, died in hospital after she was hit in the stomach with a crossbow bolt at her home in Applegarth Drive on Monday, November 12.
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a disturbance at her home at around 7.40am that day.
Eight months pregnant, doctors carried out an emergency caesarean to save the life of Sana’s unborn child who remains in a stable condition.
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 50, and believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, appeared in court at the Old Bailey this morning (November 15) charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and is next due to appear on February 6, 2019.
A two-week trial is anticipated to begin on April 8.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
A GoFundMe page has been set-up to raise £30,000 to support the family.