Newbury Park crossbow death: ‘Ex-husband’ Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo remanded in custody
- Credit: Br+yMe7hBYwHRs7TLtew5FTyiT3O1AqprcSVoXSBblgcHmy2V+ibKj5kY22WyBJeVWUN7lfuIsiYkymQYD372Q==
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a pregnant mother was fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home has been remanded in custody.
Sana Muhammad, 35, died in hospital after she was hit in the stomach with a crossbow bolt at her home in Applegarth Drive on Monday, November 12.
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a disturbance at her home at around 7.40am that day.
Eight months pregnant, doctors carried out an emergency caesarean to save the life of Sana’s unborn child who remains in a stable condition.
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 50, and believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, appeared in court at the Old Bailey this morning (November 15) charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and is next due to appear on February 6, 2019.
A two-week trial is anticipated to begin on April 8.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
A GoFundMe page has been set-up to raise £30,000 to support the family.