Newbury Park crossbow death: ‘Ex-husband’ Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo remanded in custody
- Credit: Br+yMe7hBYwHRs7TLtew5FTyiT3O1AqprcSVoXSBblgcHmy2V+ibKj5kY22WyBJeVWUN7lfuIsiYkymQYD372Q==
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a pregnant mother was fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home has been remanded in custody.
Sana Muhammad, 35, died in hospital after she was hit in the stomach with a crossbow bolt at her home in Applegarth Drive on Monday, November 12.
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a disturbance at her home at around 7.40am that day.
Eight months pregnant, doctors carried out an emergency caesarean to save the life of Sana’s unborn child who remains in a stable condition.
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 50, and believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, appeared in court at the Old Bailey this morning (November 15) charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and is next due to appear on February 6, 2019.
A two-week trial is anticipated to begin on April 8.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
A GoFundMe page has been set-up to raise £30,000 to support the family.