Newbury Park crossbow death: ‘Ex-husband’ Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo remanded in custody
- Credit: Br+yMe7hBYwHRs7TLtew5FTyiT3O1AqprcSVoXSBblgcHmy2V+ibKj5kY22WyBJeVWUN7lfuIsiYkymQYD372Q==
A man arrested on suspicion of murder after a pregnant mother was fatally shot with a crossbow in her Newbury Park home has been remanded in custody.
Sana Muhammad, 35, died in hospital after she was hit in the stomach with a crossbow bolt at her home in Applegarth Drive on Monday, November 12.
Officers and paramedics were called to reports of a disturbance at her home at around 7.40am that day.
Eight months pregnant, doctors carried out an emergency caesarean to save the life of Sana’s unborn child who remains in a stable condition.
Ramanodge Unmathallegadoo, 50, and believed to be Sana’s ex-husband, appeared in court at the Old Bailey this morning (November 15) charged with murder.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody and is next due to appear on February 6, 2019.
A two-week trial is anticipated to begin on April 8.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
Sana leaves behind her husband Imtiaz and six children, including the newborn.
A GoFundMe page has been set-up to raise £30,000 to support the family.