Polly Chowdhury appears in court accused of murdering daughter, 8, in Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
A Chadwell Heath mother accused of murdering her own daughter was remanded in custody today after a court hearing.
Polly Chowdhury, 34, appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from prison.
She is accused of murdering eight-year-old Ayesha Ali, who was found dead at their home on Thursday.
Ambulances were called to the flat in Bedwell Court, Broomfield Road, to reports of an injured child around 11.40am but Ayesha was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chowdhury was taken to hospital with minor injuries before being arrested and charged with murder. She will appear again at the Old Bailey on September 19.
The results of a post-mortem examination have yet to be announced.
The flat has been sealed off with the windows boarded up. A neighbour, who did not want to be named, described Ayesha as a “lovely” little girl.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
She added: “She was so happy and skippy. They were very quiet.”
Another neighbour, who also did not want to be named, said another woman and a little boy, thought to be Ayesha’s brother, lived in the flat.
He added: “They just moved in a couple of months ago. I used to see her running around on the grass while the two women smoked.”
A note on flowers left outside the flat read: “In memory of a little girl whom I will never meet. From a neighbour. Rest in peace, amen.”