POLL: Will you miss late nights at Funky Mojoe or was the ruling fair?
- Credit: Archant
Funky Mojoe will have to operate “pub hours” from this weekend onwards after judges forced it to slash its opening times.
The popular South Woodford club, known for its appearances on reality show The Only Way is Essex, launched an appeal and judicial review against Redbridge Council’s licensing conditions but both failed.
It will now have to operate new opening hours – serving until 11pm Sunday to Thursday, and 11.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays - compared to 2.30am previously.
In a landmark ruling on Tuesday, judges stopped club representatives making any further representations and awarded the council costs of £55,000.
Residents who complained of years of misery caused by noise and anti-social behaviour from the club, in High Road, have claimed a victory but it is a blow for Funky Mojoe customers.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people tweeted messages of support to the club ahead of the case.
Dean??Catney wrote: “Really hope you keep your licence! Great venue. Shouldn’t be punished for others’ wrongdoing.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
Do you think the council has been too harsh on Funky Mojoe or are its new opening hours fair? Vote in our poll and send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.