POLL: Will you miss late nights at Funky Mojoe or was the ruling fair?
- Credit: Archant
Funky Mojoe will have to operate “pub hours” from this weekend onwards after judges forced it to slash its opening times.
The popular South Woodford club, known for its appearances on reality show The Only Way is Essex, launched an appeal and judicial review against Redbridge Council’s licensing conditions but both failed.
It will now have to operate new opening hours – serving until 11pm Sunday to Thursday, and 11.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays - compared to 2.30am previously.
In a landmark ruling on Tuesday, judges stopped club representatives making any further representations and awarded the council costs of £55,000.
Residents who complained of years of misery caused by noise and anti-social behaviour from the club, in High Road, have claimed a victory but it is a blow for Funky Mojoe customers.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people tweeted messages of support to the club ahead of the case.
Dean??Catney wrote: “Really hope you keep your licence! Great venue. Shouldn’t be punished for others’ wrongdoing.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 5 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 6 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 8 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
Do you think the council has been too harsh on Funky Mojoe or are its new opening hours fair? Vote in our poll and send comments to email@example.com.