POLL: Will you miss late nights at Funky Mojoe or was the ruling fair?
- Credit: Archant
Funky Mojoe will have to operate “pub hours” from this weekend onwards after judges forced it to slash its opening times.
The popular South Woodford club, known for its appearances on reality show The Only Way is Essex, launched an appeal and judicial review against Redbridge Council’s licensing conditions but both failed.
It will now have to operate new opening hours – serving until 11pm Sunday to Thursday, and 11.30pm on Fridays and Saturdays - compared to 2.30am previously.
In a landmark ruling on Tuesday, judges stopped club representatives making any further representations and awarded the council costs of £55,000.
Residents who complained of years of misery caused by noise and anti-social behaviour from the club, in High Road, have claimed a victory but it is a blow for Funky Mojoe customers.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of people tweeted messages of support to the club ahead of the case.
Dean??Catney wrote: “Really hope you keep your licence! Great venue. Shouldn’t be punished for others’ wrongdoing.”
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
Do you think the council has been too harsh on Funky Mojoe or are its new opening hours fair? Vote in our poll and send comments to email@example.com.