POLL RESULTS - 61 per cent say Better Barkingside project will help shops
The Better Barkingside project will help shops in the area, according to 61 per cent of people responding to a Recorder poll.
Following our report last month into the outlook for shops in High Street, Barkingside, we asked what benefit the £2.1million regeneration programme will have.
A town square is set to be created outside Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre and Library in High Street.
And high street shops will get help with improving their frontages.
But a quarter of people responding to the online poll said the project won’t help shops.
You may also want to watch:
Fourteen per cent were not sure.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang