POLL RESULTS - 61 per cent say Better Barkingside project will help shops
The Better Barkingside project will help shops in the area, according to 61 per cent of people responding to a Recorder poll.
Following our report last month into the outlook for shops in High Street, Barkingside, we asked what benefit the £2.1million regeneration programme will have.
A town square is set to be created outside Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre and Library in High Street.
And high street shops will get help with improving their frontages.
But a quarter of people responding to the online poll said the project won’t help shops.
You may also want to watch:
Fourteen per cent were not sure.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 10 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London