POLL RESULTS - 61 per cent say Better Barkingside project will help shops
The Better Barkingside project will help shops in the area, according to 61 per cent of people responding to a Recorder poll.
Following our report last month into the outlook for shops in High Street, Barkingside, we asked what benefit the £2.1million regeneration programme will have.
A town square is set to be created outside Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre and Library in High Street.
And high street shops will get help with improving their frontages.
But a quarter of people responding to the online poll said the project won’t help shops.
Fourteen per cent were not sure.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games