Police who caught ‘Lox gang’ who stole almost £10,000 in bank muggings awarded
The police officers who put a violent Ilford street gang behind bars were commended for their work at a ceremony on Tuesday.
Pc Rob Chapman, Pc Aaron Wilkinson, Pc Gary Bowling, Pc Demi Lytra and seven of their colleagues were awarded for their dedication and detective ability at the event at the Jack Carter Pavilion in Fencepiece Road.
The self-styled “Lox Gang” stole almost £10,000 in sophisticated robberies targeting people taking large amounts of cash from banks.
A “spotter” would wait in queues in banks watching for people withdrawing large amounts of cash, then text accomplices the target’s description.
The gang would follow the victim and rob them when they got the chance.
You may also want to watch:
The teenagers also mugged people for handbags, laptops and mobile phones.
The 13 members were sentenced to a combined 40 years in prison in May 2012
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms