Police who caught ‘Lox gang’ who stole almost £10,000 in bank muggings awarded
The police officers who put a violent Ilford street gang behind bars were commended for their work at a ceremony on Tuesday.
Pc Rob Chapman, Pc Aaron Wilkinson, Pc Gary Bowling, Pc Demi Lytra and seven of their colleagues were awarded for their dedication and detective ability at the event at the Jack Carter Pavilion in Fencepiece Road.
The self-styled “Lox Gang” stole almost £10,000 in sophisticated robberies targeting people taking large amounts of cash from banks.
A “spotter” would wait in queues in banks watching for people withdrawing large amounts of cash, then text accomplices the target’s description.
The gang would follow the victim and rob them when they got the chance.
You may also want to watch:
The teenagers also mugged people for handbags, laptops and mobile phones.
The 13 members were sentenced to a combined 40 years in prison in May 2012
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child