Police who caught ‘Lox gang’ who stole almost £10,000 in bank muggings awarded
The police officers who put a violent Ilford street gang behind bars were commended for their work at a ceremony on Tuesday.
Pc Rob Chapman, Pc Aaron Wilkinson, Pc Gary Bowling, Pc Demi Lytra and seven of their colleagues were awarded for their dedication and detective ability at the event at the Jack Carter Pavilion in Fencepiece Road.
The self-styled “Lox Gang” stole almost £10,000 in sophisticated robberies targeting people taking large amounts of cash from banks.
A “spotter” would wait in queues in banks watching for people withdrawing large amounts of cash, then text accomplices the target’s description.
The gang would follow the victim and rob them when they got the chance.
You may also want to watch:
The teenagers also mugged people for handbags, laptops and mobile phones.
The 13 members were sentenced to a combined 40 years in prison in May 2012
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin