Police warning after escape of mental health patient known to frequent Clayhall and Chigwell
Police are warning the public not to approach a patient who escaped from a secure mental health unit and is known to frequent both Clayhall and Chigwell.
Shane Smith, 20, is missing from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton where he was last seen by carers at around 9pm on Tuesday.
He is white, around 5ft 4in, of slim build and has wavy brown hair.
At the time he disappeared he was wearing a grey hooded top with a “bird motif” on the front, grey jogging bottoms and Nike trainers.
As well as Clayhall and Chigwell, Shane is known to visit the Brentwood area.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they are concerned for his wellbeing.
Anyone with any information should dial 999 quoting police reference 12MIS019588.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space