Police warning after escape of mental health patient known to frequent Clayhall and Chigwell
Police are warning the public not to approach a patient who escaped from a secure mental health unit and is known to frequent both Clayhall and Chigwell.
Shane Smith, 20, is missing from the John Howard Centre in Kenworthy Road, Homerton where he was last seen by carers at around 9pm on Tuesday.
He is white, around 5ft 4in, of slim build and has wavy brown hair.
At the time he disappeared he was wearing a grey hooded top with a “bird motif” on the front, grey jogging bottoms and Nike trainers.
As well as Clayhall and Chigwell, Shane is known to visit the Brentwood area.
You may also want to watch:
Police say they are concerned for his wellbeing.
Anyone with any information should dial 999 quoting police reference 12MIS019588.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead