Fire at luxury car garage in Chadwell Heath now being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
A fire that ripped through a car showroom in Chadwell Heath is now being treated as suspicious by investigators.
Detectives from the East Area Command Unit are appealing for information following a large blaze in a commercial property in High Road on Saturday, November 3 at 10.14pm.
More than 120 firefighters attended the incident and due to the scale of the fire surrounding properties were evacuated as a safety precaution.
There were no reported injuries.
Police worked with the London Fire Brigade investigators to establish the cause of the fire and have now classed the incident as suspicious after reviewing evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andy McAlister of East Area Command Unit said: “This fire took place in a built-up area close to residential properties.
“It was sheer luck that officers came across it when they did before anyone in neighbouring residences was harmed.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
- 7 Ilford North MP questions home secretary over 'lost' police records
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
“I urge anyone who has information concerning this incident to contact police as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call 101 quoting CAD8009/03NOV, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.