Fire at luxury car garage in Chadwell Heath now being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
A fire that ripped through a car showroom in Chadwell Heath is now being treated as suspicious by investigators.
Detectives from the East Area Command Unit are appealing for information following a large blaze in a commercial property in High Road on Saturday, November 3 at 10.14pm.
More than 120 firefighters attended the incident and due to the scale of the fire surrounding properties were evacuated as a safety precaution.
There were no reported injuries.
Police worked with the London Fire Brigade investigators to establish the cause of the fire and have now classed the incident as suspicious after reviewing evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andy McAlister of East Area Command Unit said: “This fire took place in a built-up area close to residential properties.
“It was sheer luck that officers came across it when they did before anyone in neighbouring residences was harmed.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
“I urge anyone who has information concerning this incident to contact police as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call 101 quoting CAD8009/03NOV, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.