Fire at luxury car garage in Chadwell Heath now being treated as ‘suspicious’ by police
- Credit: Archant
A fire that ripped through a car showroom in Chadwell Heath is now being treated as suspicious by investigators.
Detectives from the East Area Command Unit are appealing for information following a large blaze in a commercial property in High Road on Saturday, November 3 at 10.14pm.
More than 120 firefighters attended the incident and due to the scale of the fire surrounding properties were evacuated as a safety precaution.
There were no reported injuries.
Police worked with the London Fire Brigade investigators to establish the cause of the fire and have now classed the incident as suspicious after reviewing evidence.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Andy McAlister of East Area Command Unit said: “This fire took place in a built-up area close to residential properties.
“It was sheer luck that officers came across it when they did before anyone in neighbouring residences was harmed.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
“I urge anyone who has information concerning this incident to contact police as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information concerning this incident is asked to call 101 quoting CAD8009/03NOV, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.