Police surrounding Ilford cemetery in suspicious death probe
POLICE are surrounding an Ilford cemetery this morning after a body was found nearby in what police are saying is a suspicious death.
Investigators are in Clarks Road, High Road and Buckingham Road as they stop members of the public from entering Buckingham Road Cemetery.
There is also a small cordon inside the cemetery itself.
Police found the unidentified body at about 8pm last night and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
A resident of Buckingham Road, who was too scared to give her name, said: “We’ve had a lot of trouble in the cemetery before.
“You see yobs, in groups of four or five, going in there at night.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
She added: “It’s frightening. We don’t know what’s happened.”
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.