Police surrounding Ilford cemetery in suspicious death probe
POLICE are surrounding an Ilford cemetery this morning after a body was found nearby in what police are saying is a suspicious death.
Investigators are in Clarks Road, High Road and Buckingham Road as they stop members of the public from entering Buckingham Road Cemetery.
There is also a small cordon inside the cemetery itself.
Police found the unidentified body at about 8pm last night and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A resident of Buckingham Road, who was too scared to give her name, said: “We’ve had a lot of trouble in the cemetery before.
“You see yobs, in groups of four or five, going in there at night.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
She added: “It’s frightening. We don’t know what’s happened.”
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.