Police surrounding Ilford cemetery in suspicious death probe
POLICE are surrounding an Ilford cemetery this morning after a body was found nearby in what police are saying is a suspicious death.
Investigators are in Clarks Road, High Road and Buckingham Road as they stop members of the public from entering Buckingham Road Cemetery.
There is also a small cordon inside the cemetery itself.
Police found the unidentified body at about 8pm last night and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A resident of Buckingham Road, who was too scared to give her name, said: “We’ve had a lot of trouble in the cemetery before.
“You see yobs, in groups of four or five, going in there at night.”
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
She added: “It’s frightening. We don’t know what’s happened.”
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.