Police surrounding Ilford cemetery in suspicious death probe
POLICE are surrounding an Ilford cemetery this morning after a body was found nearby in what police are saying is a suspicious death.
Investigators are in Clarks Road, High Road and Buckingham Road as they stop members of the public from entering Buckingham Road Cemetery.
There is also a small cordon inside the cemetery itself.
Police found the unidentified body at about 8pm last night and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
A resident of Buckingham Road, who was too scared to give her name, said: “We’ve had a lot of trouble in the cemetery before.
“You see yobs, in groups of four or five, going in there at night.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
She added: “It’s frightening. We don’t know what’s happened.”
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.