Police gun crime team still investigating reported South Woodford shooting
- Credit: Ross Sutton
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in George Lane at the weekend.
Police are still investigating a reported shooting at South Woodford station at the weekend.
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in George Lane at 2.43am on Saturday (June 9) morning.
This morning (Monday, June 11) the Met Police told the Recorder that its Trident gun crime team are still investigating what happened in the early hours of Saturday morning, and no-one has been found injured so far.
So far there has been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was in place for several hours on Saturday morning, and some witnesses said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 4 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close