Police gun crime team still investigating reported South Woodford shooting
- Credit: Ross Sutton
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in George Lane at the weekend.
Police are still investigating a reported shooting at South Woodford station at the weekend.
Officers were called to reports of a shooting in George Lane at 2.43am on Saturday (June 9) morning.
This morning (Monday, June 11) the Met Police told the Recorder that its Trident gun crime team are still investigating what happened in the early hours of Saturday morning, and no-one has been found injured so far.
So far there has been no arrests.
You may also want to watch:
A cordon was in place for several hours on Saturday morning, and some witnesses said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London