Police scour Ilford graveyard after suspicious death
A FINGERTIP search of the cemetery where a dead body was found last night has begun.
A team of officers are carrying out the search in and around the grounds of Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford.
The unidentified body was found at about 8pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as suspicious and the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
Police say the cemetery is likely to remain closed to the public for the rest of the day, and possibly Saturday as well.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them