Police scour Ilford graveyard after suspicious death
A FINGERTIP search of the cemetery where a dead body was found last night has begun.
A team of officers are carrying out the search in and around the grounds of Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford.
The unidentified body was found at about 8pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as suspicious and the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
Police say the cemetery is likely to remain closed to the public for the rest of the day, and possibly Saturday as well.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding