Police scour Ilford graveyard after suspicious death
A FINGERTIP search of the cemetery where a dead body was found last night has begun.
A team of officers are carrying out the search in and around the grounds of Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford.
The unidentified body was found at about 8pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as suspicious and the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
Police say the cemetery is likely to remain closed to the public for the rest of the day, and possibly Saturday as well.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences