Police scour Ilford graveyard after suspicious death
A FINGERTIP search of the cemetery where a dead body was found last night has begun.
A team of officers are carrying out the search in and around the grounds of Buckingham Road Cemetery, Buckingham Road, Ilford.
The unidentified body was found at about 8pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
His death is being treated as suspicious and the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
Police say the cemetery is likely to remain closed to the public for the rest of the day, and possibly Saturday as well.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem is being arranged and no arrests have been made in connection with the death.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole