Police reveal man was shot in the leg outside of South Woodford tube station
- Credit: @igmorrison
A cordon was put in place outside of South Woodford tube station on Saturday morning.
Police have revealed that a man was shot in the leg outside of South Woodford station.
A cordon was put in place outside of South Woodford tube station on Saturday (June 9) morning in George Lane, and the outside of the station was closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
The Met were called at 2.43am to reports of a shooting, and now following investigations made by officers it was revealed that a a man, in his 30s, suffered a gunshot injury to his leg.
You may also want to watch:
He was then treated at an east London hospital, and his injuries have been deemed as not life-threatening or life-changing.
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are still investigating and are appealing for information and witnesses.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 5 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 6 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 7 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives on 020 8217 7381 or 101.
Information can also be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.