Police release photo of Ilford murder victim Magdalena Welna
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a picture of Magdalena Welna, who was brutally murdered in Ilford last Friday.
The hotel receptionist, 23, was stabbed repeatedly and found in Valentines Road shortly after 5.30pm.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, from Newham, was found collapsed in nearby Auckland Road around 90 minutes after the stabbing.
Mr Ogundunmade died shortly after arriving at hospital.
Detectives are continuing appeals over the apparent murder suicide, with enquiries continuing to establish the full circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have confirmed they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
Anyone who witnessed anything or has information which may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week