Police release photo of Ilford murder victim Magdalena Welna
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a picture of Magdalena Welna, who was brutally murdered in Ilford last Friday.
The hotel receptionist, 23, was stabbed repeatedly and found in Valentines Road shortly after 5.30pm.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, from Newham, was found collapsed in nearby Auckland Road around 90 minutes after the stabbing.
Mr Ogundunmade died shortly after arriving at hospital.
Detectives are continuing appeals over the apparent murder suicide, with enquiries continuing to establish the full circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have confirmed they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
Anyone who witnessed anything or has information which may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff