Police release CCTV images after £8,000 stolen from Goodmayes mother
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help to identify four men they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary in Goodmayes.
Police were called to an address in Westwood Road on Tuesday, September 20, after £8,000 worth of jewellery was stolen.
The victim was at home with her young child when the incident happened.
She answered the door to two men pretending to be water company maintenance workers carrying out routine checks.
While they distracted her, by checking her kitchen pipes, another two men arrived at the address.
They entered the house and began searching through the living room and bedrooms, stealing four gold rings, eight gold bracelets, two sets of earrings and a watch, as well as £280 in cash.
The burglary was reported to have occurred between 11am and 11.50am.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 3 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 4 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 5 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 6 Funding problems throw timeline of new Whipps Cross hospital into doubt
- 7 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 8 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 9 Call to overhaul 'grossly unfair' business rates
- 10 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
All four suspects are believed to have arrived in a dark BMW 1 Series car and fled the scene in the direction of Percy Road in the same car.
Suspect one is a white man with short bleached hair, aged around 30 and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Suspect two is a white man with short dark hair, shaved at the sides. He is around 25 and 6ft 2in tall.
Suspect three is a white man of medium build, around 30 and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Suspect four is a white man of medium build, aged in his mid-20s and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call Ilford CID on 020 8345 2751 or 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.