Police release CCTV images after £8,000 stolen from Goodmayes mother
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for help to identify four men they would like to speak to in connection with a burglary in Goodmayes.
Police were called to an address in Westwood Road on Tuesday, September 20, after £8,000 worth of jewellery was stolen.
The victim was at home with her young child when the incident happened.
She answered the door to two men pretending to be water company maintenance workers carrying out routine checks.
While they distracted her, by checking her kitchen pipes, another two men arrived at the address.
You may also want to watch:
They entered the house and began searching through the living room and bedrooms, stealing four gold rings, eight gold bracelets, two sets of earrings and a watch, as well as £280 in cash.
The burglary was reported to have occurred between 11am and 11.50am.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
All four suspects are believed to have arrived in a dark BMW 1 Series car and fled the scene in the direction of Percy Road in the same car.
Suspect one is a white man with short bleached hair, aged around 30 and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Suspect two is a white man with short dark hair, shaved at the sides. He is around 25 and 6ft 2in tall.
Suspect three is a white man of medium build, around 30 and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Suspect four is a white man of medium build, aged in his mid-20s and approximately 5ft 10in tall.
Anyone with information is asked to call Ilford CID on 020 8345 2751 or 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.