Police raid suspected cannabis factory in Cranley Road, Newbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a suspected cannabis factory was discovered in Newbury Park.
Police discovered 90 plants and a “large amount of cash” in a raid on a property in Cranley Road on Friday May 13 after receiving an anonymous call about possible drug dealing at the address.
A spokesman said: “Officers estimated there to be approximately 90 cannabis plants being used for cultivation.
“Upon searching the property a large amount of cash was found.”
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and money laundering.
He has been bailed to a later date pending further enquiries and analysis of the plants.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games