Police raid suspected cannabis factory in Cranley Road, Newbury Park
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a suspected cannabis factory was discovered in Newbury Park.
Police discovered 90 plants and a “large amount of cash” in a raid on a property in Cranley Road on Friday May 13 after receiving an anonymous call about possible drug dealing at the address.
A spokesman said: “Officers estimated there to be approximately 90 cannabis plants being used for cultivation.
“Upon searching the property a large amount of cash was found.”
A man has been arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and money laundering.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to a later date pending further enquiries and analysis of the plants.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death