Police officers investigating incident in Wanstead High Street
A section of Wanstead High Street has been taped off and police officers have been on the scene for around nine hours.
An area around the Nan Am restaurant is cordoned off and has been since around 6am.
A shift manager at The George pub next door, Kasia, who did not want to give her surname, said she had heard an incident had taken place last night..
The police have been asked for information by the Recorder.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they had not been called to any incident in the area last night.
Did you see what happened? Call the Recorder’s newsdesk on 020 8477 3800.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements