Police officers investigating incident in Wanstead High Street
A section of Wanstead High Street has been taped off and police officers have been on the scene for around nine hours.
An area around the Nan Am restaurant is cordoned off and has been since around 6am.
A shift manager at The George pub next door, Kasia, who did not want to give her surname, said she had heard an incident had taken place last night..
The police have been asked for information by the Recorder.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they had not been called to any incident in the area last night.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call the Recorder’s newsdesk on 020 8477 3800.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 5 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company