Police officers investigating incident in Wanstead High Street
A section of Wanstead High Street has been taped off and police officers have been on the scene for around nine hours.
An area around the Nan Am restaurant is cordoned off and has been since around 6am.
A shift manager at The George pub next door, Kasia, who did not want to give her surname, said she had heard an incident had taken place last night..
The police have been asked for information by the Recorder.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said they had not been called to any incident in the area last night.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call the Recorder’s newsdesk on 020 8477 3800.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 3 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding