Police officer stabbed at Ilford railway station
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been stabbed outside Ilford train station.
British Transport Police are appealing for information after one of their officers was stabbed while on duty last night, Friday, November 23.
He was approached by a man and attacked with a knife at about 9.45pm.
The London Ambulance Service took the officer to hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening.
A man has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking that anyone who was at Ilford train station at the time and saw anything of the incident, to please get in touch.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or with information should contact BTP by sending a text to 61016, or by calling 0800 40 50 40 - quoting reference 659 of 23/11/2018.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder