Police officer stabbed at Ilford railway station
- Credit: Archant
A police officer has been stabbed outside Ilford train station.
British Transport Police are appealing for information after one of their officers was stabbed while on duty last night, Friday, November 23.
He was approached by a man and attacked with a knife at about 9.45pm.
The London Ambulance Service took the officer to hospital, where he is being treated for his injuries, which are not thought to be life threatening.
A man has been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking that anyone who was at Ilford train station at the time and saw anything of the incident, to please get in touch.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or with information should contact BTP by sending a text to 61016, or by calling 0800 40 50 40 - quoting reference 659 of 23/11/2018.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 8 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Havering and Redbridge fail to meet new homes target