Police officer pushed through window of Ilford restaurant after chasing wanted man
- Credit: @BIZCOMP
The officer suffered non-life threatening head injuries.
A police officer was taken to hospital with head injuries after he was pushed through a shop front in Ilford trying to arrest a wanted man.
Police were on patrol in Cranbrook Road at around 2pm this afternoon (Monday, September 17) when they saw a man in his early 20s who was wanted for failing to appear at court.
After being chased the man was caught and arrested, but during the arrest a police officer was pushed through the window of the Saravanaa Bhavan restaurant.
The officer suffered non-life threatening head injuries and was treated at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to an east London police station where he remains.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings