Police officer pushed through window of Ilford restaurant after chasing wanted man
- Credit: @BIZCOMP
The officer suffered non-life threatening head injuries.
A police officer was taken to hospital with head injuries after he was pushed through a shop front in Ilford trying to arrest a wanted man.
Police were on patrol in Cranbrook Road at around 2pm this afternoon (Monday, September 17) when they saw a man in his early 20s who was wanted for failing to appear at court.
After being chased the man was caught and arrested, but during the arrest a police officer was pushed through the window of the Saravanaa Bhavan restaurant.
The officer suffered non-life threatening head injuries and was treated at the scene before being taken to an east London hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was taken to an east London police station where he remains.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff