Police make 12 arrests in Ilford town centre over drugs, GBH and burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested 12 people in Ilford town centre over the weekend, and issued another 20 dispersal notices as part of a proactive operation.
Plains clothes officers arrested a 27-year-old man in Melbourne Road on Sunday, for suspicion over possession of drugs with intent to supply.
He was allegedly carrying 250 wraps of what police believe to be Class A drugs.
On the same day police stopped two people, a 17-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man, in the stairwell of a car park in Clements Road.
The boy was searched by officers and arrested on suspicion of having possession of Cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He has been detained in Freshwharf Police Station, Barking.
The 19-year-old reportedly attempted to run away, and a scuffle ensued with an officer.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
He was eventually arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent on a constable.
The Pc was taken to hospital with a broken finger and a bleeding left ear, however suffered no lasting injuries.
Later that day police arrested a 21-year-old man in Winston Way, Ilford, on suspicion of driving while disqualified and with no insurance.
While detained at Freshwharf Police Station, the suspect was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis following a search.
On Friday officers stopped a man driving in Ilford town centre, and found a number of mobile phones in his car.
He was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Officers are further investigating this incident.
Yesterday in Northbrook Road, Ilford, police responded to reports from a 50-year-old man, that the window to his house had been tampered with.
They found a 32-year-old, reportedly hiding in a bramble bush in the garden.
He was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and also on suspicion of going to a house equipped for theft.