Police make 12 arrests in Ilford town centre over drugs, GBH and burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested 12 people in Ilford town centre over the weekend, and issued another 20 dispersal notices as part of a proactive operation.
Plains clothes officers arrested a 27-year-old man in Melbourne Road on Sunday, for suspicion over possession of drugs with intent to supply.
He was allegedly carrying 250 wraps of what police believe to be Class A drugs.
On the same day police stopped two people, a 17-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man, in the stairwell of a car park in Clements Road.
The boy was searched by officers and arrested on suspicion of having possession of Cannabis.
He has been detained in Freshwharf Police Station, Barking.
The 19-year-old reportedly attempted to run away, and a scuffle ensued with an officer.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 9 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 10 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
He was eventually arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent on a constable.
The Pc was taken to hospital with a broken finger and a bleeding left ear, however suffered no lasting injuries.
Later that day police arrested a 21-year-old man in Winston Way, Ilford, on suspicion of driving while disqualified and with no insurance.
While detained at Freshwharf Police Station, the suspect was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis following a search.
On Friday officers stopped a man driving in Ilford town centre, and found a number of mobile phones in his car.
He was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Officers are further investigating this incident.
Yesterday in Northbrook Road, Ilford, police responded to reports from a 50-year-old man, that the window to his house had been tampered with.
They found a 32-year-old, reportedly hiding in a bramble bush in the garden.
He was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and also on suspicion of going to a house equipped for theft.