Police make 12 arrests in Ilford town centre over drugs, GBH and burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police arrested 12 people in Ilford town centre over the weekend, and issued another 20 dispersal notices as part of a proactive operation.
Plains clothes officers arrested a 27-year-old man in Melbourne Road on Sunday, for suspicion over possession of drugs with intent to supply.
He was allegedly carrying 250 wraps of what police believe to be Class A drugs.
On the same day police stopped two people, a 17-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man, in the stairwell of a car park in Clements Road.
The boy was searched by officers and arrested on suspicion of having possession of Cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He has been detained in Freshwharf Police Station, Barking.
The 19-year-old reportedly attempted to run away, and a scuffle ensued with an officer.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
He was eventually arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent on a constable.
The Pc was taken to hospital with a broken finger and a bleeding left ear, however suffered no lasting injuries.
Later that day police arrested a 21-year-old man in Winston Way, Ilford, on suspicion of driving while disqualified and with no insurance.
While detained at Freshwharf Police Station, the suspect was also arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis following a search.
On Friday officers stopped a man driving in Ilford town centre, and found a number of mobile phones in his car.
He was arrested on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Officers are further investigating this incident.
Yesterday in Northbrook Road, Ilford, police responded to reports from a 50-year-old man, that the window to his house had been tampered with.
They found a 32-year-old, reportedly hiding in a bramble bush in the garden.
He was arrested on suspicion of residential burglary and also on suspicion of going to a house equipped for theft.