Police issue anniversary appeal for man with Ilford links wanted in connection to fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for a man with links to Ilford who is wanted for questioning in connection with the stabbing to death of a teenager one year ago today (Fri).
Khalid Safi, 18, died in hospital after suffering stab injuries in an altercation in Victoria Road, Acton, on December 1 last year.
Police have issued an image of Raza Khan, 19, who they believe has crucial information about what happened to Khalid.
Raza is thought to be in the UK and has links to Acton, Wembley, Ilford, Friern Barnet and Tottenham and also to Dover in Kent.
A 19-year-old woman was charged with the murder and conspiracy to commit GBH earlier this year.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on March 29 on suspicion of assisting the offender and has been released with no further action.
Khalid’s brother Shamsullah Safi said: “I want to appeal to anyone, especially the Afghan Community who has any information to come forward and speak to the police.”
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 3 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 4 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
Call the police incident room with information on 020 8721 4054 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
A reward of up to £5,000 is being offered by Crimestoppers for any information.