Police hunting would-be bank robber who assaulted staff at Chadwell Heath HSBC
A would-be bank robber ran away from HSBC in Chadwell Heath when a staff member screamed earlier this month.
Redbridge Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident at the bank in Wangey Road on September 18.
A spokesman said the suspect attempted to enter the staff area behind the counter at around 1pm.
As the female staff member opened a security door, he tried to pull her out of the way but ran out of the bank when she screamed.
Officers believed he escaped into High Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as man in his 40s of Asian appearance, medium build with black receeding hair and stubble.
He was wearing a black North Face jacket, dark blue jeans and dark trainers.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tiney on 020 8721 2766, quoting reference 4417712/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.