Police hunting would-be bank robber who assaulted staff at Chadwell Heath HSBC
A would-be bank robber ran away from HSBC in Chadwell Heath when a staff member screamed earlier this month.
Redbridge Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident at the bank in Wangey Road on September 18.
A spokesman said the suspect attempted to enter the staff area behind the counter at around 1pm.
As the female staff member opened a security door, he tried to pull her out of the way but ran out of the bank when she screamed.
Officers believed he escaped into High Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as man in his 40s of Asian appearance, medium build with black receeding hair and stubble.
He was wearing a black North Face jacket, dark blue jeans and dark trainers.
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tiney on 020 8721 2766, quoting reference 4417712/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.