Police hunting would-be bank robber who assaulted staff at Chadwell Heath HSBC
A would-be bank robber ran away from HSBC in Chadwell Heath when a staff member screamed earlier this month.
Redbridge Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident at the bank in Wangey Road on September 18.
A spokesman said the suspect attempted to enter the staff area behind the counter at around 1pm.
As the female staff member opened a security door, he tried to pull her out of the way but ran out of the bank when she screamed.
Officers believed he escaped into High Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as man in his 40s of Asian appearance, medium build with black receeding hair and stubble.
He was wearing a black North Face jacket, dark blue jeans and dark trainers.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Tiney on 020 8721 2766, quoting reference 4417712/13, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.