Police hunting teenage boy after stabbing outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court
- Credit: Archant
Police are looking for the teenage boy believed to have stabbed a man in the neck outside Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.
Redbridge Police have described the suspect as a white male aged between 14 and 18, 5ft 9in and with short black hair and a London accent.
He was wearing a black hooded top, tracksuit bottoms with white stripes down the arms and legs and carrying a black satchel-style bag with a white design.
Two men were hospitalised after the attack around 1pm in Cranbrook Road.
A 20-year-old man, who was stabbed in the neck, was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel and another man with a head injury was taken to a separate east London hospital.
Their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Police believe the attack followed an “altercation” with another group in Barkingside High Street.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 6 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 9 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
The suspect, believed to be aged between 14 and 18, then ran off towards the Tesco car park where members of the public tried to tackle him.
The court was evacuated and cordoned off after the attack and reopened at around 2.20pm.
Anyone who saw the incident or who has any information should call 020 8345 2710, or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.