Police hunt launched after man stabbed in buttock by men in surgical masks
- Credit: Archant
Officers investigating a stabbing which left a man with a buttock wound have released details of four suspects.
Police were called to an address in Tiptree Crescent in Clayhall last Monday to find a 26-year-old man who had been stabbed in the buttock and slashed across the chest.
A 42-year-old woman also suffered cuts to her hands during the attack just after 9.30am.
Now police have said they are looking for a light-skinned black woman wearing a grey tracksuit, and three black men between 16 and 20, all around 6ft tall of slim build.
A spokesman for the Met Police said the three men – wearing white surgical masks – pushed their way into the address while the woman stayed outside.
She said: “The two victims resisted the suspects and shouted for help. When neighbours heard the commotion and began to appear the suspects fled the scene. “
Both victims were taken to east London hospitals where their injuries – which are not life-threatening – were treated.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 3 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 4 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 5 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 10 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
Anyone who may have seen this incident or knows the identity of the suspects should call Detective Constable James Yates of Redbridge CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting reference 4418339/14.