Appeal for information in Goodmayes hit and run
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information to trace the driver involved in a hit and run in Goodmayes.
Officers were called just after 9.30am on Tuesday, September 29 to reports of a collision involving a white Ford Transit van and a 28-year-old woman in Betchworth Road.
The woman suffered bruising to her knee after she was hit by the van, which is believed to have reversed into her while she was crossing the road. It then drove off.
The driver is described as white, late 20s to early 30s, with blond hair. There was a passenger in the van.
Officers at East Area CID led by Det Sgt Dave Parrish are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keeping an open mind about any possible motive and taking the matter very seriously.
Anyone who can help or may have dash can footage is asked to contact police on 101, quoting CAD 1820/29Sep.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest