Police cordon off South Woodford tube station after reports of shooting
- Credit: @igmorrison
Witnesses have described a heavy police presence outside the station.
A police cordon is in place outside of South Woodford tube station after reports of a shooting.
Officers and sniffer dogs have been seen by members of the public this morning (Satuday, June 9) and George Lane, outside of the station has been closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
Police were called at 2.43am this morning to reports of a shooting in George Lane
Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether anyone was injured.
Detectives from the East Area Command West are investigating alongside Trident colleagues.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements
There has been no arrests.