Police cordon off South Woodford tube station after reports of shooting
- Credit: @igmorrison
Witnesses have described a heavy police presence outside the station.
A police cordon is in place outside of South Woodford tube station after reports of a shooting.
Officers and sniffer dogs have been seen by members of the public this morning (Satuday, June 9) and George Lane, outside of the station has been closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
Police were called at 2.43am this morning to reports of a shooting in George Lane
Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether anyone was injured.
Detectives from the East Area Command West are investigating alongside Trident colleagues.
- 1 Met investigates cause of Mossford Green cemetery blaze
- 2 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 3 Lightbulb likely cause of Khartoum Road house fire
- 4 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 5 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 7 Elizabeth Line opens: Londoners enjoy first day of service
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 10 Trust cuts waiting list backlog created by computer error
There has been no arrests.