Police cordon off South Woodford tube station after reports of shooting
- Credit: @igmorrison
Witnesses have described a heavy police presence outside the station.
A police cordon is in place outside of South Woodford tube station after reports of a shooting.
Officers and sniffer dogs have been seen by members of the public this morning (Satuday, June 9) and George Lane, outside of the station has been closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
Police were called at 2.43am this morning to reports of a shooting in George Lane
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether anyone was injured.
Detectives from the East Area Command West are investigating alongside Trident colleagues.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
There has been no arrests.