Police cordon off South Woodford tube station after reports of shooting
- Credit: @igmorrison
Witnesses have described a heavy police presence outside the station.
A police cordon is in place outside of South Woodford tube station after reports of a shooting.
Officers and sniffer dogs have been seen by members of the public this morning (Satuday, June 9) and George Lane, outside of the station has been closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
Police were called at 2.43am this morning to reports of a shooting in George Lane
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether anyone was injured.
Detectives from the East Area Command West are investigating alongside Trident colleagues.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
There has been no arrests.