Police cordon off South Woodford tube station after reports of shooting
- Credit: @igmorrison
Witnesses have described a heavy police presence outside the station.
A police cordon is in place outside of South Woodford tube station after reports of a shooting.
Officers and sniffer dogs have been seen by members of the public this morning (Satuday, June 9) and George Lane, outside of the station has been closed.
One witness said that police were not letting anyone through the station.
Police were called at 2.43am this morning to reports of a shooting in George Lane
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing to establish whether anyone was injured.
Detectives from the East Area Command West are investigating alongside Trident colleagues.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
There has been no arrests.