Police continue to investigate at scene of Krystel Banqueting shooting in Ilford
Police are continuing to investigate at Krystal Banqueting in High Road, Ilford, following a shooting on Sunday morning.
A rear car park, accessed through Clarks Road, is currently cordoned off after a 22-year-old man was shot in the chest inside the venue at 4.40am.
The victim is in a stable condition today according to police and a forensics officer was coming in and out of the venue this morning.
The cordon is currently blocking an entrance to the Ilford Training Centre, an outreach centre of Havering College.
A member of staff at the Dreams bed store, below the venue, said their store had to close throughout Sunday following the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
It has opened today.
He said a wedding function for around 500 people planned for Krystel had to be moved.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
A spokesman for Krystel said the venue would re-open “very soon” but did not want to comment on the shooting.
Two men were shot and wounded there on New Year’s Day 2011.
At the time, police responded to reports of shots outside the venue and a 23-year-old and a 38-year-old were taken to hospital with a wound in the leg and foot respectively.