Police continue to investigate at scene of Krystel Banqueting shooting in Ilford
Police are continuing to investigate at Krystal Banqueting in High Road, Ilford, following a shooting on Sunday morning.
A rear car park, accessed through Clarks Road, is currently cordoned off after a 22-year-old man was shot in the chest inside the venue at 4.40am.
The victim is in a stable condition today according to police and a forensics officer was coming in and out of the venue this morning.
The cordon is currently blocking an entrance to the Ilford Training Centre, an outreach centre of Havering College.
A member of staff at the Dreams bed store, below the venue, said their store had to close throughout Sunday following the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
It has opened today.
He said a wedding function for around 500 people planned for Krystel had to be moved.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 5 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 6 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 10 Covid vaccine invitations a priority for Royal Mail, says MP
A spokesman for Krystel said the venue would re-open “very soon” but did not want to comment on the shooting.
Two men were shot and wounded there on New Year’s Day 2011.
At the time, police responded to reports of shots outside the venue and a 23-year-old and a 38-year-old were taken to hospital with a wound in the leg and foot respectively.