Police continue to investigate at scene of Krystel Banqueting shooting in Ilford
Police are continuing to investigate at Krystal Banqueting in High Road, Ilford, following a shooting on Sunday morning.
A rear car park, accessed through Clarks Road, is currently cordoned off after a 22-year-old man was shot in the chest inside the venue at 4.40am.
The victim is in a stable condition today according to police and a forensics officer was coming in and out of the venue this morning.
The cordon is currently blocking an entrance to the Ilford Training Centre, an outreach centre of Havering College.
A member of staff at the Dreams bed store, below the venue, said their store had to close throughout Sunday following the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
It has opened today.
He said a wedding function for around 500 people planned for Krystel had to be moved.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
A spokesman for Krystel said the venue would re-open “very soon” but did not want to comment on the shooting.
Two men were shot and wounded there on New Year’s Day 2011.
At the time, police responded to reports of shots outside the venue and a 23-year-old and a 38-year-old were taken to hospital with a wound in the leg and foot respectively.