Police called after man spotted speaking to children outside Woodford Green school
- Credit: Archant
Police were alerted after a man was found trying to talk to children through a school gate on Monday.
The incident took place outside Avon House Preparatory School in Cromer Road, Woodford Green at about 1pm.
The man was seen walking off towards Buckhurst Hill.
Headteacher Amanda Campbell said: “We called police and we checked the vicinity and the pub nearby – we telephoned local schools to tell them so they could be extra vigilant.
“At no point were the children at risk or was he on school premises.”
You may also want to watch:
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Police would ask parents and teachers to remind children the importance of not talking to or going with strangers.
“To report anyone acting suspiciously call police on 101, in an emergency call police on 999.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools