Police called after man spotted speaking to children outside Woodford Green school
- Credit: Archant
Police were alerted after a man was found trying to talk to children through a school gate on Monday.
The incident took place outside Avon House Preparatory School in Cromer Road, Woodford Green at about 1pm.
The man was seen walking off towards Buckhurst Hill.
Headteacher Amanda Campbell said: “We called police and we checked the vicinity and the pub nearby – we telephoned local schools to tell them so they could be extra vigilant.
“At no point were the children at risk or was he on school premises.”
You may also want to watch:
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Police would ask parents and teachers to remind children the importance of not talking to or going with strangers.
“To report anyone acting suspiciously call police on 101, in an emergency call police on 999.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms