Police called after man spotted speaking to children outside Woodford Green school
- Credit: Archant
Police were alerted after a man was found trying to talk to children through a school gate on Monday.
The incident took place outside Avon House Preparatory School in Cromer Road, Woodford Green at about 1pm.
The man was seen walking off towards Buckhurst Hill.
Headteacher Amanda Campbell said: “We called police and we checked the vicinity and the pub nearby – we telephoned local schools to tell them so they could be extra vigilant.
“At no point were the children at risk or was he on school premises.”
You may also want to watch:
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Police would ask parents and teachers to remind children the importance of not talking to or going with strangers.
“To report anyone acting suspiciously call police on 101, in an emergency call police on 999.”
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London