Police called after man spotted speaking to children outside Woodford Green school
- Credit: Archant
Police were alerted after a man was found trying to talk to children through a school gate on Monday.
The incident took place outside Avon House Preparatory School in Cromer Road, Woodford Green at about 1pm.
The man was seen walking off towards Buckhurst Hill.
Headteacher Amanda Campbell said: “We called police and we checked the vicinity and the pub nearby – we telephoned local schools to tell them so they could be extra vigilant.
“At no point were the children at risk or was he on school premises.”
You may also want to watch:
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: “Police would ask parents and teachers to remind children the importance of not talking to or going with strangers.
“To report anyone acting suspiciously call police on 101, in an emergency call police on 999.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman