‘People out there have information on this murder’: Police call for witnesses to fatal Hainault stabbing to come forward
- Credit: Archant
`Police officers leading the murder investigation into the fatal stabbing of Moses Mayele in Hainault on Friday have urged those who know anything about the tragic incident to come forward.
Moses Mayele was only a few hundred yards from his house when he was attacked in Manford Way, on Friday (October 12), at around 10.20pm.
Police and the London Ambulance service attended the incident but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Metropolitan Police investigators have now confirmed his identity, which was first reported by the Recorder on Sunday (October 14).
His next-of-kin are aware.
You may also want to watch:
Another 22-year-old man was taken to an east London hospital with critical injuries, he remains there in a serious but stable condition.
An incident room has opened under the Homicide and Major Crime Command.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
The investigation is led by Det Ch Inspr Gary Holmes, he said: “The events that took place that evening has left one young man dead, and another seriously ill in hospital.
“It is important to remember that the aftermath of this has left yet another family grieving the loss of their young son.
“There will be people out there who have information on the events that led up to this murder, and I am appealing to them to come forward and talk to us.
“I understand that there may be a reluctance to speak to the police, and I would like to offer reassurance that any information shared will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Alternatively, you can speak anonymously with Crimestoppers.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact detectives on 020 8345 1570 via 101 quoting reference 8451/12Oct.
Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
There have been no arrests at this stage and enquiries continue.