Police appeal to trace man in connection with brutal assault in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released an image of a man they wish to identify in connection with a violent assault in Ilford.
A 53-year-old man was assaulted outside the General Havelock pub, High Road, at around 8pm on Saturday, November 4.
He suffrered severe facial injuries and will require corrective surgery in the future.
His attacker punched and kicked him in the face, knocking him, unconscious, to the floor.
Police are appealing for information which could help identify this man in connection with the incident. He is white, aged between 25 and 35. He was wearing a grey top with dark-coloured jeans and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, 52, was arrested on Monday, January 29, and was charged with actual bodily harm on Wednesday, February 28.
He entered a plea of not guilty at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March29. He next appears at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, April 25.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
Anyone with information which could assist this investigation is urged to contact Redbridge police on 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.