Police appeal to trace man in connection with brutal assault in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released an image of a man they wish to identify in connection with a violent assault in Ilford.
A 53-year-old man was assaulted outside the General Havelock pub, High Road, at around 8pm on Saturday, November 4.
He suffrered severe facial injuries and will require corrective surgery in the future.
His attacker punched and kicked him in the face, knocking him, unconscious, to the floor.
Police are appealing for information which could help identify this man in connection with the incident. He is white, aged between 25 and 35. He was wearing a grey top with dark-coloured jeans and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, 52, was arrested on Monday, January 29, and was charged with actual bodily harm on Wednesday, February 28.
He entered a plea of not guilty at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March29. He next appears at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, April 25.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 8 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
Anyone with information which could assist this investigation is urged to contact Redbridge police on 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.