Police appeal to trace man in connection with brutal assault in Ilford High Road
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released an image of a man they wish to identify in connection with a violent assault in Ilford.
A 53-year-old man was assaulted outside the General Havelock pub, High Road, at around 8pm on Saturday, November 4.
He suffrered severe facial injuries and will require corrective surgery in the future.
His attacker punched and kicked him in the face, knocking him, unconscious, to the floor.
Police are appealing for information which could help identify this man in connection with the incident. He is white, aged between 25 and 35. He was wearing a grey top with dark-coloured jeans and black trainers.
You may also want to watch:
A second man, 52, was arrested on Monday, January 29, and was charged with actual bodily harm on Wednesday, February 28.
He entered a plea of not guilty at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, March29. He next appears at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Wednesday, April 25.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
Anyone with information which could assist this investigation is urged to contact Redbridge police on 101, tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.