CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have issued a CCTV image and are appealing for help in tracing a man after he stabbed and assaulted staff members in a supermarket after stealing four bottles of champagne.
On Sunday, December 13 between 2pm - 2.15pm the man stole the bottles of champagne from a supermarket in Cranbrook Road.
On his way out of the shop he attacked three staff members and a security guard in a "vicious and unprovoked attack".
One staff member was stabbed and another suffered from a broken nose.
DC Mohammed Abdullah, from the Met's East area command unit, said: “The CCTV images of the suspect are very clear and I would like help in identifying this man. The vicious and unprovoked attacked has had a profound impact on members of staff at the shop and shocked the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
If you know this man or have any information regarding the incident, please contact us by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC and quoting CAD 3946/13Dec.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 9 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 10 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'