CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have issued a CCTV image and are appealing for help in tracing a man after he stabbed and assaulted staff members in a supermarket after stealing four bottles of champagne.
On Sunday, December 13 between 2pm - 2.15pm the man stole the bottles of champagne from a supermarket in Cranbrook Road.
On his way out of the shop he attacked three staff members and a security guard in a "vicious and unprovoked attack".
One staff member was stabbed and another suffered from a broken nose.
DC Mohammed Abdullah, from the Met's East area command unit, said: “The CCTV images of the suspect are very clear and I would like help in identifying this man. The vicious and unprovoked attacked has had a profound impact on members of staff at the shop and shocked the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
If you know this man or have any information regarding the incident, please contact us by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC and quoting CAD 3946/13Dec.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 6 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development