CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have issued a CCTV image and are appealing for help in tracing a man after he stabbed and assaulted staff members in a supermarket after stealing four bottles of champagne.
On Sunday, December 13 between 2pm - 2.15pm the man stole the bottles of champagne from a supermarket in Cranbrook Road.
On his way out of the shop he attacked three staff members and a security guard in a "vicious and unprovoked attack".
One staff member was stabbed and another suffered from a broken nose.
DC Mohammed Abdullah, from the Met's East area command unit, said: “The CCTV images of the suspect are very clear and I would like help in identifying this man. The vicious and unprovoked attacked has had a profound impact on members of staff at the shop and shocked the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
If you know this man or have any information regarding the incident, please contact us by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC and quoting CAD 3946/13Dec.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms