CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- Credit: Met Police
Detectives have issued a CCTV image and are appealing for help in tracing a man after he stabbed and assaulted staff members in a supermarket after stealing four bottles of champagne.
On Sunday, December 13 between 2pm - 2.15pm the man stole the bottles of champagne from a supermarket in Cranbrook Road.
On his way out of the shop he attacked three staff members and a security guard in a "vicious and unprovoked attack".
One staff member was stabbed and another suffered from a broken nose.
DC Mohammed Abdullah, from the Met's East area command unit, said: “The CCTV images of the suspect are very clear and I would like help in identifying this man. The vicious and unprovoked attacked has had a profound impact on members of staff at the shop and shocked the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
If you know this man or have any information regarding the incident, please contact us by calling 101 or tweeting @MetCC and quoting CAD 3946/13Dec.
Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 3 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence