Police appeal for witnesses after serious racial attack in South Woodford
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious racially-motivated assault on two men in South Woodford at the weekend.
Patrolling officers responded to an assault at 2.06am outside of The Slug and Lettuce bar, in George Lane, on Saturday.
A 39-year-old man challenged three men after they were allegedly spotted damaging his car.
The vehicle owner was attacked and punched to the ground.
The driver’s 24-year-old friend then attempted to intervene and he was also assaulted by the group.
You may also want to watch:
Police are treating this as a racially-motivated attack.
The 39-year-old victim was later taken to nearby Whipps Cross Hospital where he was treated for a head injury.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The suspects escaped towards South Woodford Tube station.
Detectives are now looking to trace thee men in connection with the incident.
The first is described as being white, aged around 25 with long blonde hair.
The second and third were also described as being in their
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Ilford CID on 101 quoting CRIS 4421409/13.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.