Police appeal for witnesses after serious racial attack in South Woodford
Police are appealing for witnesses after a serious racially-motivated assault on two men in South Woodford at the weekend.
Patrolling officers responded to an assault at 2.06am outside of The Slug and Lettuce bar, in George Lane, on Saturday.
A 39-year-old man challenged three men after they were allegedly spotted damaging his car.
The vehicle owner was attacked and punched to the ground.
The driver’s 24-year-old friend then attempted to intervene and he was also assaulted by the group.
You may also want to watch:
Police are treating this as a racially-motivated attack.
The 39-year-old victim was later taken to nearby Whipps Cross Hospital where he was treated for a head injury.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
The suspects escaped towards South Woodford Tube station.
Detectives are now looking to trace thee men in connection with the incident.
The first is described as being white, aged around 25 with long blonde hair.
The second and third were also described as being in their
Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact Ilford CID on 101 quoting CRIS 4421409/13.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.