Police urge vigilance as search for missing student Joy Morgan last seen in Ilford continues
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the community to be vigilant as the search for missing student Joy Morgan, who was last seen in Ilford, continues.
University of Hertfordshire midwifery student Joy, 21, was reported missing from Hatfield on Thursday, February 7.
She was last seen at her church in Hainault Street, Ilford, on December 26, 2018.
On Wednesday, February 27, Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, London, was charged with murder.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “Unfortunately, Joy’s body has not been found yet so I’m continuing to urge members of the public to be vigilant when out and about and if you see anything suspicious, please alert the police immediately.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information at all about Joy, no matter how insignificant it might seem, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
“This is a devastating time for Joy’s family and they are in utter turmoil.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 4 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 8 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who has information about a red Honda vehicle, pictured below, which belongs to Israel.
DI Jenkins said: “The vehicle has been located but I am keen to hear from anyone who might have seen it over the festive period and into the New Year.
“Joy used to travel in the vehicle and any information you have about it, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital to the investigation.
“If you saw it, please do not hesitate to get in touch and let us know when and where it was.”
Joy had links to Hatfield, Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Israel will appear for a pre-trial preparation hearing on Friday, May 31, with a trial set for Monday, July 8, at St Albans Crown Court.
• Any information that could assist the investigation can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1.
• You can also contact Hertfordshire police via the non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
• Alternatively, you can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.