Police urge vigilance as search for missing student Joy Morgan last seen in Ilford continues
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the community to be vigilant as the search for missing student Joy Morgan, who was last seen in Ilford, continues.
University of Hertfordshire midwifery student Joy, 21, was reported missing from Hatfield on Thursday, February 7.
She was last seen at her church in Hainault Street, Ilford, on December 26, 2018.
On Wednesday, February 27, Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, London, was charged with murder.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “Unfortunately, Joy’s body has not been found yet so I’m continuing to urge members of the public to be vigilant when out and about and if you see anything suspicious, please alert the police immediately.
“If you have any information at all about Joy, no matter how insignificant it might seem, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
“This is a devastating time for Joy’s family and they are in utter turmoil.”
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who has information about a red Honda vehicle, pictured below, which belongs to Israel.
DI Jenkins said: “The vehicle has been located but I am keen to hear from anyone who might have seen it over the festive period and into the New Year.
“Joy used to travel in the vehicle and any information you have about it, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital to the investigation.
“If you saw it, please do not hesitate to get in touch and let us know when and where it was.”
Joy had links to Hatfield, Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Israel will appear for a pre-trial preparation hearing on Friday, May 31, with a trial set for Monday, July 8, at St Albans Crown Court.
• Any information that could assist the investigation can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1.
• You can also contact Hertfordshire police via the non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
• Alternatively, you can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.