Police urge vigilance as search for missing student Joy Morgan last seen in Ilford continues
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging the community to be vigilant as the search for missing student Joy Morgan, who was last seen in Ilford, continues.
University of Hertfordshire midwifery student Joy, 21, was reported missing from Hatfield on Thursday, February 7.
She was last seen at her church in Hainault Street, Ilford, on December 26, 2018.
On Wednesday, February 27, Shohfah-El Israel, 40, of Fordwych Road, London, was charged with murder.
Det Insp Justine Jenkins, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “Unfortunately, Joy’s body has not been found yet so I’m continuing to urge members of the public to be vigilant when out and about and if you see anything suspicious, please alert the police immediately.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have any information at all about Joy, no matter how insignificant it might seem, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
“This is a devastating time for Joy’s family and they are in utter turmoil.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
Officers are also still keen to hear from anyone who has information about a red Honda vehicle, pictured below, which belongs to Israel.
DI Jenkins said: “The vehicle has been located but I am keen to hear from anyone who might have seen it over the festive period and into the New Year.
“Joy used to travel in the vehicle and any information you have about it, no matter how small it might seem, could be vital to the investigation.
“If you saw it, please do not hesitate to get in touch and let us know when and where it was.”
Joy had links to Hatfield, Ilford, Battersea, Cricklewood, Stevenage and Luton.
Israel will appear for a pre-trial preparation hearing on Friday, May 31, with a trial set for Monday, July 8, at St Albans Crown Court.
• Any information that could assist the investigation can be submitted online here: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/35SA020119R15-PO1.
• You can also contact Hertfordshire police via the non-emergency number 101 or report information online at www.herts.police.uk/Report.
• Alternatively, you can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via their untraceable online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.