Police appeal for Clayhall ‘white trainer’ witness in connection with fatal Hainault stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A second man has been charged and a fourth man has been arrested after a 23-year-old was stabbed to death on his birthday in Hainault.
Moses Mayele was fatally knifed around the corner to his house in Manford Way on October 12.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are renewing their appeal for a witness to come forward and said they are particularly keen to speak to a man who was wearing white trainers.
This individual passed the suspects in Clayhall in Lord Gardens before they attempted to set fire to their getaway car in Park View Gardens.
A Met Policespokesman said:” At 3.46am on Saturday, October 13, some hours after the murder and the attempted murder had taken place, three males were seen walking along the pavement in Lord Avenue.
“The male at the front was carrying a plastic petrol can in his right hand.
“The three males then turned into Lord Gardens where a man walked towards them.
- 1 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 2 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 3 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 4 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 6 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 7 'Truly inspiring' journalist returns to school to tell her story to students
- 8 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Redbridge Conservatives choose new leader
“This man was wearing white trainers.”
Officers are keen to speak to him and are urging him to get in touch and call the incident room on 020 8345 1570 without delay.
The getaway car - a black VW Golf vehicle was later found burnt out at Park View Gardens.
Det Ch Insp Gary Holmes, leading the investigation, said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who can assist us in piecing together the sequence of events that took place that night into the early hours of the next day.
“Although we have charged two people, we are still seeking any other persons who were involved in this most brutal murder.
“The man who walked past the three men in Lord Gardens may not have realised the significance of what he saw and I would urge him to come forward and contact police.
“This case remains a very active and fast-paced investigation and I urge anyone with information who may be hesitating to come forward to remember that a family is desperately trying to come to terms with the death of a loved one.
“Your information, no matter how small, could provide a missing piece to the puzzle that helps remove a dangerous, violent offender from the streets.”
Two men, aged 22 and 19 have been charged in connection with the murder.
A 22-year-old male has been arrested and bailed to a date in November.
A 23-year-old has been arrested and released under investigation pending further enquiries.