Police appeal as pair jailed in connection with Chigwell shooting
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been jailed in connection with a shooting on an estate last year.
Kyiese Waithe, 22, of Queens Road West, Plaistow, and Daniel Edmondson, 23, of Copperfield, Chigwell, were both charged with possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life following the incident in Limes Avenue, Chigwell, on Saturday, July 11.
They denied the offences and appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, February 26, where they pleaded guilty to alternative charges, which were accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
Waithe was sentenced to 18 months in prison for possession of an offensive weapon.
Edmondson admitted possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. He had also been charged with possession of an offensive weapon, which he pleaded guilty to at an earlier hearing. He was jailed for 21 months for both offences.
You may also want to watch:
The pair were involved in a disturbance with a group of other men, during which Waithe was shot in the chest.
He was armed with a machete during the incident.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
Police later carried out a stop check on a car in which Edmondson was travelling.
He was seen to drop a knife and was arrested.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing and detectives are continuing to appeal for information.
They want to speak to three men caught on CCTV who were on the Limes Farm estate by flats known locally as Yellow Block at the time of the disturbance between 9.30pm and 9.50pm.
Anyone with information can call the major crime team at Harlow on 012 7962 1802 or they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.