Police appeal as pair jailed in connection with Chigwell shooting
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been jailed in connection with a shooting on an estate last year.
Kyiese Waithe, 22, of Queens Road West, Plaistow, and Daniel Edmondson, 23, of Copperfield, Chigwell, were both charged with possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life following the incident in Limes Avenue, Chigwell, on Saturday, July 11.
They denied the offences and appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, February 26, where they pleaded guilty to alternative charges, which were accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
Waithe was sentenced to 18 months in prison for possession of an offensive weapon.
Edmondson admitted possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. He had also been charged with possession of an offensive weapon, which he pleaded guilty to at an earlier hearing. He was jailed for 21 months for both offences.
The pair were involved in a disturbance with a group of other men, during which Waithe was shot in the chest.
He was armed with a machete during the incident.
- 1 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 6 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 7 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
Police later carried out a stop check on a car in which Edmondson was travelling.
He was seen to drop a knife and was arrested.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing and detectives are continuing to appeal for information.
They want to speak to three men caught on CCTV who were on the Limes Farm estate by flats known locally as Yellow Block at the time of the disturbance between 9.30pm and 9.50pm.
Anyone with information can call the major crime team at Harlow on 012 7962 1802 or they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.