Man stabbed in Ilford after trying to save women from being attacked by group of teenagers
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a stabbing in Ilford.
Two women in a black Mercedes E Class car were attacked by a group of boys in Green Lane, near the junction with South Park Road at around 8pm on Sunday, April 28.
A 45-year-old man who came to intervene sustained a stab injury during this incident. He was taken to hospital for treatment and discharged the same day.
Five suspects made off on foot.
They are described as a mixture of black and Asian, all believed to be under 18.
You may also want to watch:
There have been two arrests at this stage. Two boys, aged 15 and 16, were arrested on suspicion of GBH.
Both have been released under investigation.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
The investigating officer, Det Con Richard Butcher of East Area CID, said: "I am appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
"In particular I want to hear from anyone who saw any part of this incident or may have captured it on dashcam footage.
"This happened on a busy road in the early evening."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call East Area CID via 101 quoting ref CAD NO. 6637/28APR19.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.