Man stabbed in Ilford after trying to save women from being attacked by group of teenagers
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a stabbing in Ilford.
Two women in a black Mercedes E Class car were attacked by a group of boys in Green Lane, near the junction with South Park Road at around 8pm on Sunday, April 28.
A 45-year-old man who came to intervene sustained a stab injury during this incident. He was taken to hospital for treatment and discharged the same day.
Five suspects made off on foot.
They are described as a mixture of black and Asian, all believed to be under 18.
You may also want to watch:
There have been two arrests at this stage. Two boys, aged 15 and 16, were arrested on suspicion of GBH.
Both have been released under investigation.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
The investigating officer, Det Con Richard Butcher of East Area CID, said: "I am appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
"In particular I want to hear from anyone who saw any part of this incident or may have captured it on dashcam footage.
"This happened on a busy road in the early evening."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call East Area CID via 101 quoting ref CAD NO. 6637/28APR19.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.