Man stabbed in Ilford after trying to save women from being attacked by group of teenagers
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information and witnesses following a stabbing in Ilford.
Two women in a black Mercedes E Class car were attacked by a group of boys in Green Lane, near the junction with South Park Road at around 8pm on Sunday, April 28.
A 45-year-old man who came to intervene sustained a stab injury during this incident. He was taken to hospital for treatment and discharged the same day.
Five suspects made off on foot.
They are described as a mixture of black and Asian, all believed to be under 18.
You may also want to watch:
There have been two arrests at this stage. Two boys, aged 15 and 16, were arrested on suspicion of GBH.
Both have been released under investigation.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Community group's delight after Loxford Park pavilion saved
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 9 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
The investigating officer, Det Con Richard Butcher of East Area CID, said: "I am appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
"In particular I want to hear from anyone who saw any part of this incident or may have captured it on dashcam footage.
"This happened on a busy road in the early evening."
Any witnesses, or anyone with information, is asked to call East Area CID via 101 quoting ref CAD NO. 6637/28APR19.
To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.