Police appeal after good samaritan repeatedly punched at Ilford station
- Credit: Archant
Police are on the hunt for two men after a man on a train was assaulted after trying to stop an attack on another passenger.
British Transport Police (BTP) have released CCTV images of the men wanted in connection with the assault, which took place on the Friday before Christmas, December 19, on a train and platform at Ilford station.
The victim, a 32-year-old man from Colchester, was kicked to the floor and repeatedly punched during the incident, which took place at about 12.50am.
Following the assault on the train the man was attacked again on the platform.
Det Con Carl Wayte said: “I want to talk to the two men in the CCTV images I have issued today. I believe they will have information that could help our investigation. I know they boarded the train at Liverpool Street just after half-past midnight, getting off at Ilford shortly before 1am.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the Thursday night and Friday morning before Christmas, so the train and Ilford station could have been full of party-goers on their way home who might have seen something. If they did, or recognise the men in the photos, please contact BTP.”
Anyone with information should call 0800 405040, or by text, on 61016, quoting reference B3/ESUB of 5 January 2015.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 8 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 9 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
People can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.