Police appeal after gang of masked men try to kidnap woman driver in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A gang of five masked men tried to kidnap a woman after they crashed into her car in Chigwell.
The victim, in her 20s was driving her Range Rover along Gravel Lane at 10am on Monday (November 20) when a BMW X6 collided with her car.
As she got out of her vehicle to exchange details, two men from the BMW approached her wearing masks.
They then grabbed her by the wrists and attempted to pull her into their vehicle.
The woman managed to escape and ran off to alert the police.
You may also want to watch:
The gang fled the scene, taking with them both vehicles.
They drove on Lambourne Road before abandoning the cars at the end of Long Green.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Plot holders 'not convinced' by reassurances over allotments takeover plan
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Police are appealing to the public for information and said they are treating the incident as a targeted attack with no wider risk to the public.
“Four of the suspects have been described as black with the other described as being of mixed heritage,” an Essex Police spokesman said.
“They are all believed to be aged in their late teens and early 20s.
“We are urging anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage before, during or after the incident to contact Loughton CID quoting 262 of 20/11.”
Residents can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.