Police appeal after gang of masked men try to kidnap woman driver in Chigwell
- Credit: Archant
A gang of five masked men tried to kidnap a woman after they crashed into her car in Chigwell.
The victim, in her 20s was driving her Range Rover along Gravel Lane at 10am on Monday (November 20) when a BMW X6 collided with her car.
As she got out of her vehicle to exchange details, two men from the BMW approached her wearing masks.
They then grabbed her by the wrists and attempted to pull her into their vehicle.
The woman managed to escape and ran off to alert the police.
You may also want to watch:
The gang fled the scene, taking with them both vehicles.
They drove on Lambourne Road before abandoning the cars at the end of Long Green.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
Police are appealing to the public for information and said they are treating the incident as a targeted attack with no wider risk to the public.
“Four of the suspects have been described as black with the other described as being of mixed heritage,” an Essex Police spokesman said.
“They are all believed to be aged in their late teens and early 20s.
“We are urging anyone with information, CCTV or dash cam footage before, during or after the incident to contact Loughton CID quoting 262 of 20/11.”
Residents can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.