Pictures: Do you recognise this pair, who may have information about Tube assault on Ilford woman, Hornchurch man?
- Credit: Archant
These people could hold vital information about a tube assault that left an Ilford woman needing hospital treatment for a broken nose and sprained wrist, and during which a Hornchurch man was headbutted.
Now detectives from British Transport Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident, which happened at Temple Underground station shortly after midnight on Saturday, December 6.
Investigating officer Det Const Dan Holmes said: “The female victim was travelling on the Tube with her boyfriend when an altercation took place with another couple.
“The boyfriend, a 25-year-old from Hornchurch, was headbutted by the male, and the pair ended up leaving the train and grappling on the platform at Temple station.
“Meanwhile, the woman assaulted the female victim onboard the train, leaving her with a broken nose and a sprained wrist as well as cuts and bruises.”
You may also want to watch:
These pictures, released today, show two people police would like to speak to in connection with the incident.
If you recognise them, please call BTP on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background LUA/B6 of 19/12/13. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour