Pervert former scout leader who abused Ilford boy and others walks free from court
A former scout leader and trainee teacher who befriended an Ilford boy and others on Facebook before starting sexual conversations and sending porn links been spared jail.
Christopher Pimm, of Great Fox Meadow, Brentwood, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity, three counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act and two counts of making indecent images and movies of children at Basildon Crown Court last month.
Yesterday, he was sentenced to a community order for three years of supervision with a parole officer.
Pimm, 24, will be listed on the sex offenders register for five years and is banned from working with children.
He will have to pay the court costs of �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The victims were three boys from Ilford, Brentwood and Basildon in their early teens.
Essex Police began investigating in October 2011 following concerns about Pimm’s level of contact with the victims.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 5 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
He added the boys as friends on Facebook and then engaged in sexually-explicit conversations with them before sending them pornographic links.
When police raided his home, they found indecent images and films of children on his computer.