Pervert former scout leader who abused Ilford boy and others walks free from court
A former scout leader and trainee teacher who befriended an Ilford boy and others on Facebook before starting sexual conversations and sending porn links been spared jail.
Christopher Pimm, of Great Fox Meadow, Brentwood, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity, three counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act and two counts of making indecent images and movies of children at Basildon Crown Court last month.
Yesterday, he was sentenced to a community order for three years of supervision with a parole officer.
Pimm, 24, will be listed on the sex offenders register for five years and is banned from working with children.
He will have to pay the court costs of �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The victims were three boys from Ilford, Brentwood and Basildon in their early teens.
Essex Police began investigating in October 2011 following concerns about Pimm’s level of contact with the victims.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
He added the boys as friends on Facebook and then engaged in sexually-explicit conversations with them before sending them pornographic links.
When police raided his home, they found indecent images and films of children on his computer.