Pervert former scout leader who abused Ilford boy and others walks free from court
A former scout leader and trainee teacher who befriended an Ilford boy and others on Facebook before starting sexual conversations and sending porn links been spared jail.
Christopher Pimm, of Great Fox Meadow, Brentwood, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity, three counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act and two counts of making indecent images and movies of children at Basildon Crown Court last month.
Yesterday, he was sentenced to a community order for three years of supervision with a parole officer.
Pimm, 24, will be listed on the sex offenders register for five years and is banned from working with children.
He will have to pay the court costs of �1,000.
You may also want to watch:
The victims were three boys from Ilford, Brentwood and Basildon in their early teens.
Essex Police began investigating in October 2011 following concerns about Pimm’s level of contact with the victims.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
He added the boys as friends on Facebook and then engaged in sexually-explicit conversations with them before sending them pornographic links.
When police raided his home, they found indecent images and films of children on his computer.