Pervert former scout leader who abused Ilford boy and others walks free from court
A former scout leader and trainee teacher who befriended an Ilford boy and others on Facebook before starting sexual conversations and sending porn links been spared jail.
Christopher Pimm, of Great Fox Meadow, Brentwood, pleaded guilty to two counts of causing a child to engage in sexual activity, three counts of causing a child to watch a sexual act and two counts of making indecent images and movies of children at Basildon Crown Court last month.
Yesterday, he was sentenced to a community order for three years of supervision with a parole officer.
Pimm, 24, will be listed on the sex offenders register for five years and is banned from working with children.
He will have to pay the court costs of �1,000.
The victims were three boys from Ilford, Brentwood and Basildon in their early teens.
Essex Police began investigating in October 2011 following concerns about Pimm’s level of contact with the victims.
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
He added the boys as friends on Facebook and then engaged in sexually-explicit conversations with them before sending them pornographic links.
When police raided his home, they found indecent images and films of children on his computer.