Pedestrian injured in car crash outside Faces nightclub in Gants Hill
A pedestrian was taken to hospital on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Gants Hill.
The man, thought to be 35, was injured in the accident opposite Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road, around 10.30pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man was treated for an ankle injury and taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital.”
A police spokesman described the injury as “non life-changing”.
The car also hit nearby salonAbsolutely Fabulous Tanning, damaging the shop front through a metal shutter.
You may also want to watch:
A salon worker, who did not want to be named, said: “The car went through the shop window.
“There was a lot of damage but obviously we were more concerned about people being hurt.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 10 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
“The car must have been going at quite a speed but I don’t know what happened because no one was at the shop in the evening.
“It’s all boarded up now but we are up and running and open for business.”
The car driver was not treated for any injuries but the road was closed for several hours by the police while the silver Volkswagen Golf was removed.
No arrests were made.