Pedestrian injured in car crash outside Faces nightclub in Gants Hill
A pedestrian was taken to hospital on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Gants Hill.
The man, thought to be 35, was injured in the accident opposite Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road, around 10.30pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man was treated for an ankle injury and taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital.”
A police spokesman described the injury as “non life-changing”.
The car also hit nearby salonAbsolutely Fabulous Tanning, damaging the shop front through a metal shutter.
You may also want to watch:
A salon worker, who did not want to be named, said: “The car went through the shop window.
“There was a lot of damage but obviously we were more concerned about people being hurt.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Man dies in hospital after Gants Hill fire
“The car must have been going at quite a speed but I don’t know what happened because no one was at the shop in the evening.
“It’s all boarded up now but we are up and running and open for business.”
The car driver was not treated for any injuries but the road was closed for several hours by the police while the silver Volkswagen Golf was removed.
No arrests were made.