Pedestrian injured in car crash outside Faces nightclub in Gants Hill
A pedestrian was taken to hospital on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Gants Hill.
The man, thought to be 35, was injured in the accident opposite Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road, around 10.30pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man was treated for an ankle injury and taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital.”
A police spokesman described the injury as “non life-changing”.
The car also hit nearby salonAbsolutely Fabulous Tanning, damaging the shop front through a metal shutter.
A salon worker, who did not want to be named, said: “The car went through the shop window.
“There was a lot of damage but obviously we were more concerned about people being hurt.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
“The car must have been going at quite a speed but I don’t know what happened because no one was at the shop in the evening.
“It’s all boarded up now but we are up and running and open for business.”
The car driver was not treated for any injuries but the road was closed for several hours by the police while the silver Volkswagen Golf was removed.
No arrests were made.