Pedestrian injured in car crash outside Faces nightclub in Gants Hill
A pedestrian was taken to hospital on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Gants Hill.
The man, thought to be 35, was injured in the accident opposite Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road, around 10.30pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man was treated for an ankle injury and taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital.”
A police spokesman described the injury as “non life-changing”.
The car also hit nearby salonAbsolutely Fabulous Tanning, damaging the shop front through a metal shutter.
You may also want to watch:
A salon worker, who did not want to be named, said: “The car went through the shop window.
“There was a lot of damage but obviously we were more concerned about people being hurt.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 10 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
“The car must have been going at quite a speed but I don’t know what happened because no one was at the shop in the evening.
“It’s all boarded up now but we are up and running and open for business.”
The car driver was not treated for any injuries but the road was closed for several hours by the police while the silver Volkswagen Golf was removed.
No arrests were made.