Pedestrian injured in car crash outside Faces nightclub in Gants Hill
A pedestrian was taken to hospital on Saturday night after being hit by a car in Gants Hill.
The man, thought to be 35, was injured in the accident opposite Faces nightclub, in Cranbrook Road, around 10.30pm.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “The man was treated for an ankle injury and taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital.”
A police spokesman described the injury as “non life-changing”.
The car also hit nearby salonAbsolutely Fabulous Tanning, damaging the shop front through a metal shutter.
You may also want to watch:
A salon worker, who did not want to be named, said: “The car went through the shop window.
“There was a lot of damage but obviously we were more concerned about people being hurt.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
“The car must have been going at quite a speed but I don’t know what happened because no one was at the shop in the evening.
“It’s all boarded up now but we are up and running and open for business.”
The car driver was not treated for any injuries but the road was closed for several hours by the police while the silver Volkswagen Golf was removed.
No arrests were made.