Pedestrian ‘hit by car while crossing road’ in Barkingside
A pedestrian has reportedly been hit by a car in Barkingside High Street.
Ambulances, police and fire engines were called to the scene at around 6.10pm.
Firefighter Tony Cook was at the scene with crews from Hainault Fire Station.
He said: “At first we were told that a person had been hit by a bus but he had been crossing the road and was hit by a car.
“Somehow he ended up under the back of the bus but it didn’t hit him.”
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for information on the pedestrian’s condition from the London Ambulance Service and the police.
Are you at the scene? Let us know what happened by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap