Pedestrian ‘hit by car while crossing road’ in Barkingside
A pedestrian has reportedly been hit by a car in Barkingside High Street.
Ambulances, police and fire engines were called to the scene at around 6.10pm.
Firefighter Tony Cook was at the scene with crews from Hainault Fire Station.
He said: “At first we were told that a person had been hit by a bus but he had been crossing the road and was hit by a car.
“Somehow he ended up under the back of the bus but it didn’t hit him.”
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for information on the pedestrian’s condition from the London Ambulance Service and the police.
Are you at the scene? Let us know what happened by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station