Pedestrian ‘hit by car while crossing road’ in Barkingside
A pedestrian has reportedly been hit by a car in Barkingside High Street.
Ambulances, police and fire engines were called to the scene at around 6.10pm.
Firefighter Tony Cook was at the scene with crews from Hainault Fire Station.
He said: “At first we were told that a person had been hit by a bus but he had been crossing the road and was hit by a car.
“Somehow he ended up under the back of the bus but it didn’t hit him.”
You may also want to watch:
We are waiting for information on the pedestrian’s condition from the London Ambulance Service and the police.
Are you at the scene? Let us know what happened by emailing email@example.com or calling 0208 477 3821.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test