Man and woman found dead at Ilford house named
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman found dead at a house in Ilford have been named by police.
Police were called to a house in The Drive at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29, following a report of an injured person.
A woman was found in the garden of the house with serious neck injuries and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has not taken place and her family have been informed and supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination held on Monday, September 2 gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the neck and chest.
You may also want to watch:
When officers entered the house, they found the body of a 43-year-old man with wrist and neck injuries.
He has been identified as Rahul Malhi, from Redbridge.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
His family have been informed and are also being supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mahli had suffered a significant injury to his neck.
However, further examination is required to ascertain the exact circumstances of his death.
Both parties are believed to have been known to each other.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command continue to investigate.
No arrests have been made and no other people are currently being sought in connection with the matter.