Man and woman found dead at Ilford house named
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman found dead at a house in Ilford have been named by police.
Police were called to a house in The Drive at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29, following a report of an injured person.
A woman was found in the garden of the house with serious neck injuries and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has not taken place and her family have been informed and supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination held on Monday, September 2 gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the neck and chest.
You may also want to watch:
When officers entered the house, they found the body of a 43-year-old man with wrist and neck injuries.
He has been identified as Rahul Malhi, from Redbridge.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
His family have been informed and are also being supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mahli had suffered a significant injury to his neck.
However, further examination is required to ascertain the exact circumstances of his death.
Both parties are believed to have been known to each other.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command continue to investigate.
No arrests have been made and no other people are currently being sought in connection with the matter.