Man and woman found dead at Ilford house named
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman found dead at a house in Ilford have been named by police.
Police were called to a house in The Drive at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29, following a report of an injured person.
A woman was found in the garden of the house with serious neck injuries and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has not taken place and her family have been informed and supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination held on Monday, September 2 gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the neck and chest.
When officers entered the house, they found the body of a 43-year-old man with wrist and neck injuries.
He has been identified as Rahul Malhi, from Redbridge.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 9 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
His family have been informed and are also being supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mahli had suffered a significant injury to his neck.
However, further examination is required to ascertain the exact circumstances of his death.
Both parties are believed to have been known to each other.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command continue to investigate.
No arrests have been made and no other people are currently being sought in connection with the matter.