Man and woman found dead at Ilford house named
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman found dead at a house in Ilford have been named by police.
Police were called to a house in The Drive at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29, following a report of an injured person.
A woman was found in the garden of the house with serious neck injuries and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has not taken place and her family have been informed and supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination held on Monday, September 2 gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the neck and chest.
You may also want to watch:
When officers entered the house, they found the body of a 43-year-old man with wrist and neck injuries.
He has been identified as Rahul Malhi, from Redbridge.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
His family have been informed and are also being supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mahli had suffered a significant injury to his neck.
However, further examination is required to ascertain the exact circumstances of his death.
Both parties are believed to have been known to each other.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command continue to investigate.
No arrests have been made and no other people are currently being sought in connection with the matter.