Man and woman found dead at Ilford house named
- Credit: Archant
A 43-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman found dead at a house in Ilford have been named by police.
Police were called to a house in The Drive at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29, following a report of an injured person.
A woman was found in the garden of the house with serious neck injuries and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
Formal identification has not taken place and her family have been informed and supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination held on Monday, September 2 gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the neck and chest.
You may also want to watch:
When officers entered the house, they found the body of a 43-year-old man with wrist and neck injuries.
He has been identified as Rahul Malhi, from Redbridge.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
His family have been informed and are also being supported by family liaison officers.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mahli had suffered a significant injury to his neck.
However, further examination is required to ascertain the exact circumstances of his death.
Both parties are believed to have been known to each other.
Detectives from the Specialist Crime Command continue to investigate.
No arrests have been made and no other people are currently being sought in connection with the matter.