Man crashed car in Ilford after being stabbed, police believe
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed and flipped over his car in Ilford had been stabbed shortly before, police believe.
Police were called to De Vere Gardens at 10.10pm on Wednesday (June 24) and found a car on its roof in nearby Belgrave Road.
It is believed the driver of the car, a man in his mid-20s, was stabbed in De Vere Gardens and then crashed the car while leaving the scene.
He was taken to hospital and his injuries are serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
A 22-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of GBH and he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two patients were treated at the scene and taken to a major trauma centre.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 9153/24JUN
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.