Man crashed car in Ilford after being stabbed, police believe
- Credit: Archant
A man who crashed and flipped over his car in Ilford had been stabbed shortly before, police believe.
Police were called to De Vere Gardens at 10.10pm on Wednesday (June 24) and found a car on its roof in nearby Belgrave Road.
It is believed the driver of the car, a man in his mid-20s, was stabbed in De Vere Gardens and then crashed the car while leaving the scene.
He was taken to hospital and his injuries are serious but not believed to be life-threatening.
A 22-year-old man was arrested nearby on suspicion of GBH and he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “Two patients were treated at the scene and taken to a major trauma centre.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 9153/24JUN
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.