Oaks Park High School students encouraged to thank teachers on GCSE results day
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Oaks Park High School in Newbury Park is encouraging its students to thank the teachers who have supported them over the year.
The call, from teachers supporting the Get Into Teaching campaign, aims to highlight the difference good teachers can make, and demonstrate how rewarding a career in teaching can be.
Nimmy Dhesi from Oaks Park High School said: "Witnessing students reach their potential, whether it's through a small achievement in one lesson or the culmination of all their hard work on results day, is one of the most rewarding elements of being a teacher.
"As a teacher you don't expect praise when you are working every day with students - you just aim to do the very best job you can.
"However, when they do take a moment to thank you, it reminds you of the part you've played in helping to shape their lives, which is a hugely rewarding feeling."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone can take the time to say thanks to a teacher that helped them, or their child succeed, using the hashtag #ThankATeacher.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation