No arrests after Ilford train station stabbing - police appealing for witnesses
- Credit: Archant
The head of Redbridge Police has issued a plea for anyone who witnessed a stabbing outside Ilford train station on Thursday to come forward.
Borough commander Det Ch Supt Sue Williams said no arrests have been made following the attack, which shocked the local community.
The victim, in his 20s, had been shopping with a female friend when he was stabbed in the chest and arm outside the station in Cranbrook Road.
He was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital and survived the attack with injuries that are not life-changing.
Police had been called to the scene at 7.50pm to reports of a fight.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Williams said: “We don’t know why the attackers were as brazen as they were.
“They were clearly after this individual but we don’t know what the cause is.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Wanstead Market set to re-open
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Music from Jessie J and Olly Murs to feature in new musical in Romford
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“We are appealing for witnesses who saw anything between 7.30pm and 8pm in the area to come forward.
“We will take whatever action we can to bring these people to justice.”
Knife arches were set up at the train station on Friday to detect any weapons, resulting in one arrest for possession of a knife.
Police are looking for four suspects. Anyone with information is asked to call Ilford police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you feel safer or less safe than you used to in Redbridge? Answer our poll here.