Teenager charged with murder of Mohammed Mirza nine months after Clayhall stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the death of 19-year-old Mohammed Usman Mirza in Clayhall have charged a teenage boy with his murder.
The 16-year-old was charged on Friday, August 21 and is due to appear at Barkingside Juvenile Court.
On Tuesday, November 19 at 10.20pm police were called to reports of a stabbing in Fullwell Avenue and found Mohammed suffering from a number of stab wounds.
Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, Mohammed was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.53pm.
Shariq Khan, 21, has previously been charged with murder and possession of a knife.
You may also want to watch:
He is remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Old Bailey for a pre-trial hearing on Monday, September 28.
The day after the fatal stabbing more than 100 residents attended a street meeting with police and council leader Jas Athwal to discuss neighbourhood safety.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin