B&M Newbury Park off to ‘flying start’ after opening in former Toys R Us store
- Credit: Archant
After much anticipation, a popular chain store opened its doors for the first time after moving into the former Toys R Us building at the weekend.
Staff at B&M, Horns Road, Newbury Park welcomed residents into the shop on Saturday, August 31 alongside the Mayor of Redbridge, Councillor Zulfiqar Hussain.
The move to the borough created 50 jobs and employees chose Redbridge charity Uniting Friends to support throughout the year.
The voluntary organisation which operates out of Beehive Lane, Redbridge, provides opportunities for people with learning disabilities and encourages them to take part in social and educational activities, and develop skills along the way
After opening the doors, the charity was given £250 to spend in the shop.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Deepak Mohan said B&M is off to a flying start.
"The new store has been really busy since it opened and feedback from customers has been great so far.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
"A big thank you to Uniting Friends who helped us open the store on Saturday, we hope that our donation can help them continue the outstanding work they do for the local community."
Customers can expect to find a wide variety of branded products including toys, food and drink, pet range, health and beauty and homeware.