B&M Newbury Park off to ‘flying start’ after opening in former Toys R Us store
- Credit: Archant
After much anticipation, a popular chain store opened its doors for the first time after moving into the former Toys R Us building at the weekend.
Staff at B&M, Horns Road, Newbury Park welcomed residents into the shop on Saturday, August 31 alongside the Mayor of Redbridge, Councillor Zulfiqar Hussain.
The move to the borough created 50 jobs and employees chose Redbridge charity Uniting Friends to support throughout the year.
The voluntary organisation which operates out of Beehive Lane, Redbridge, provides opportunities for people with learning disabilities and encourages them to take part in social and educational activities, and develop skills along the way
After opening the doors, the charity was given £250 to spend in the shop.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Deepak Mohan said B&M is off to a flying start.
"The new store has been really busy since it opened and feedback from customers has been great so far.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
"A big thank you to Uniting Friends who helped us open the store on Saturday, we hope that our donation can help them continue the outstanding work they do for the local community."
Customers can expect to find a wide variety of branded products including toys, food and drink, pet range, health and beauty and homeware.