New initiative to help 50 Redbridge people seek work
- Credit: Archant
A new project has been set up to help 50 people find employment.
Work Redbridge is delivering the Department of Work and Pensions-funded scheme to offer tailored support to people who face barriers in seeking work.
The 12-week initiative will provide skills training, taster sessions and work experience opportunities, as well as introduce the participants to employers in the community.
Cllr Helen Coomb, Redbridge Council’s cabinet member for planning and regeneration, said: “The employment market is still tough and very competitive for jobseekers, so it’s important people are helped to acquire the right skills or retrain where necessary to enable them to secure long-term employment and economic stability.”
The project, delivered by Work Redbridge with Jobcentre Plus and Enterprise in Education, aims to help at least 25 of the participants into long-term employment.
You may also want to watch:
They will be given advice on searching for suitable jobs, completing applications, approaching interviews and developing their confidence.
A similar scheme last year saw 35 people take on work placements.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 5 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
To date, 12 have gone into paid employment and three are on a training course or working on a trial or voluntary basis.
Cllr Coomb said: “This is one of a number of projects that Work Redbridge is delivering to help unemployed residents to prepare for, and secure, employment to achieve their aspirations.”