New initiative to help 50 Redbridge people seek work
- Credit: Archant
A new project has been set up to help 50 people find employment.
Work Redbridge is delivering the Department of Work and Pensions-funded scheme to offer tailored support to people who face barriers in seeking work.
The 12-week initiative will provide skills training, taster sessions and work experience opportunities, as well as introduce the participants to employers in the community.
Cllr Helen Coomb, Redbridge Council’s cabinet member for planning and regeneration, said: “The employment market is still tough and very competitive for jobseekers, so it’s important people are helped to acquire the right skills or retrain where necessary to enable them to secure long-term employment and economic stability.”
The project, delivered by Work Redbridge with Jobcentre Plus and Enterprise in Education, aims to help at least 25 of the participants into long-term employment.
You may also want to watch:
They will be given advice on searching for suitable jobs, completing applications, approaching interviews and developing their confidence.
A similar scheme last year saw 35 people take on work placements.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
To date, 12 have gone into paid employment and three are on a training course or working on a trial or voluntary basis.
Cllr Coomb said: “This is one of a number of projects that Work Redbridge is delivering to help unemployed residents to prepare for, and secure, employment to achieve their aspirations.”