New court date set for man charged in connection to Ilford stabbing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A new date for the preliminary hearing of a man charged in connection to a stabbing in Ilford has been set because there were no interpreters available to translate for the defendant.
Marcel Criahan, of Hickling Road, Ilford, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court via video link yesterday after he was arrested on October 17 in connection to an incident on the same street.
The 34-year-old was charged with GBH with intent the following day, and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court on October 19.
He is now due to appear in court on November 17.
The court appearance comes after police found Florin Onea, 49, also of Hickling Road, with a stab wound.
A murder investigation was launched after he died on Monday, last week.
- 1 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 7 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
- 8 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 10 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering