New court date set for man charged in connection to Ilford stabbing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A new date for the preliminary hearing of a man charged in connection to a stabbing in Ilford has been set because there were no interpreters available to translate for the defendant.
Marcel Criahan, of Hickling Road, Ilford, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court via video link yesterday after he was arrested on October 17 in connection to an incident on the same street.
The 34-year-old was charged with GBH with intent the following day, and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court on October 19.
He is now due to appear in court on November 17.
The court appearance comes after police found Florin Onea, 49, also of Hickling Road, with a stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched after he died on Monday, last week.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence