New court date set for man charged in connection to Ilford stabbing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A new date for the preliminary hearing of a man charged in connection to a stabbing in Ilford has been set because there were no interpreters available to translate for the defendant.
Marcel Criahan, of Hickling Road, Ilford, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court via video link yesterday after he was arrested on October 17 in connection to an incident on the same street.
The 34-year-old was charged with GBH with intent the following day, and appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court on October 19.
He is now due to appear in court on November 17.
The court appearance comes after police found Florin Onea, 49, also of Hickling Road, with a stab wound.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation was launched after he died on Monday, last week.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses