New CCTV footage released as police launch fresh appeal for witnesses of Snaresbrook Tube station stabbing
- Credit: Tom Page/CC
Detectives from the British Transport Police (BTP) have released fresh CCTV footage in connection with a stabbing at Snaresbrook Tube station last year.
The incident happened at on Saturday October 22 at around 1.20am.
Witnesses report seeing a 50-year-old man involved in a verbal altercation with a group of men on the Central Line Night Tube service between Leytonstone and Snaresbrook.
At Snaresbrook the group – who were unknown to the victim – became openly hostile, one of them then ran at the victim, pulled a knife and stabbed him in the leg.
The victim sustained a serious injury and required hospital treatment. He has since been discharged but is traumatised and continues to relive the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The BTP first appealed for witnesses in November last year and today new images are being released to support the investigation.
Investigating officer Det Con Jon Howlett, said: “This was a lucky escape for the victim as the knife narrowly missed a vital artery in his leg. Whilst the victim’s physical injuries continue to heal, he will always live with the terrifying ordeal he suffered that night.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
“Thankfully, violent assaults such as this are very rare on the railway. However, when they do occur we will do everything in our power to trace those offenders and bring them before the courts.
“We are now releasing new images of a man we would like to speak with in connection to this stabbing.
“If you recognise him, then please get in touch as your information could help us investigate.”
Anyone who has information is asked to text 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 178 of 30/03/2017. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.