New appeals in Hainault woman murder probe
TENS of thousands of leaflets will be distributed by detectives investigating the rape and murder of a Hainault woman.
Michelle Samaraweera, 35, of Kielder Close, was found strangled and partially clothed on May 30 last year.
In a bid to identify the person responsible for her murder and three DNA-linked sexual assaults, police are planning to distribute 60,000 leaflets.
They will be pushed through letter boxes across Waltham Forest in the next few days.
Police have a �20,000 reward on offer for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person responsible.
You may also want to watch:
This latest appeal follows the release of CCTV images taken on the night Michelle was attacked in Queens Road, Walthamstow.
They show her and a man police want to speak to in connection with the incident entering Somerfield in Markhouse Road.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
- 10 Consultation for School Streets expansion extended
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.