New appeals in Hainault woman murder probe
TENS of thousands of leaflets will be distributed by detectives investigating the rape and murder of a Hainault woman.
Michelle Samaraweera, 35, of Kielder Close, was found strangled and partially clothed on May 30 last year.
In a bid to identify the person responsible for her murder and three DNA-linked sexual assaults, police are planning to distribute 60,000 leaflets.
They will be pushed through letter boxes across Waltham Forest in the next few days.
Police have a �20,000 reward on offer for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person responsible.
You may also want to watch:
This latest appeal follows the release of CCTV images taken on the night Michelle was attacked in Queens Road, Walthamstow.
They show her and a man police want to speak to in connection with the incident entering Somerfield in Markhouse Road.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.