New appeals in Hainault woman murder probe
TENS of thousands of leaflets will be distributed by detectives investigating the rape and murder of a Hainault woman.
Michelle Samaraweera, 35, of Kielder Close, was found strangled and partially clothed on May 30 last year.
In a bid to identify the person responsible for her murder and three DNA-linked sexual assaults, police are planning to distribute 60,000 leaflets.
They will be pushed through letter boxes across Waltham Forest in the next few days.
Police have a �20,000 reward on offer for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person responsible.
You may also want to watch:
This latest appeal follows the release of CCTV images taken on the night Michelle was attacked in Queens Road, Walthamstow.
They show her and a man police want to speak to in connection with the incident entering Somerfield in Markhouse Road.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.