New appeals in Hainault woman murder probe
TENS of thousands of leaflets will be distributed by detectives investigating the rape and murder of a Hainault woman.
Michelle Samaraweera, 35, of Kielder Close, was found strangled and partially clothed on May 30 last year.
In a bid to identify the person responsible for her murder and three DNA-linked sexual assaults, police are planning to distribute 60,000 leaflets.
They will be pushed through letter boxes across Waltham Forest in the next few days.
Police have a �20,000 reward on offer for information leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person responsible.
This latest appeal follows the release of CCTV images taken on the night Michelle was attacked in Queens Road, Walthamstow.
They show her and a man police want to speak to in connection with the incident entering Somerfield in Markhouse Road.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8345 3715, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.